Omega 0.9.6 – Updates

Home Forums Omega Omega 0.9.6 – Updates

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  han 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

han
    Keymaster

There are a number of changes in this latest version Omega 0.9.6:
    - Replace Layout option meta box with Page Template
    – Theme options page has been moved to Omega Options plugin.

Important: This plugin requires Omega 0.9.6 or higher

Please note Omega theme will work without this plugin.  With the recent announcement of WordPress 3.9 Guidelines, themes are recommended to integrate Theme options into the core Theme Customizer.

janh
    Participant

Hi, Han,
    Can you help me understand how we set the page layout/template now that you’ve changed this? I used to click a checkbox when editing the page. What do I do now?
    Also, are there any down sides to installing the new plugin? I’ve downloaded it, but I’m not sure how to install it.
    Thanks so much.

han
    Keymaster

You’ll see “Template” drop down in “Page Attribute” meta box on the right.
    There is no down side, just don’t install if you don’t need it :-)

How to install the plugin and get it working.

1. Go to “Plugins > Add New”, Click “Upload” link and upload the zip file
    2. Activate the plugin
    3. Go to “Appearance > Theme options” to manage the options

ckubs
    Participant

Although I see it as an unnecesary jump since Omega setings were light enough to remain with the teme, let it be. I want to know something, that updating and installing the settings from an plugin affects my previously configuration in a way?

han
    Keymaster

No, your settings are stored in database. You can install the plugin if you want to change the settings.

silvio
    Participant

Hi Han,

I used to select the post layout during the post editing (I usually post as Content/sidebar layout). Now, I don’t have this option in the “Edit Post” page. Basically, I think I have the same problem that Jahn has.

I just installed the Omega Options Plugins, but I can’t see the “Template” drop down in “Page Attribute” meta box. Where can I find it in order to change my post layout?

Thanks!

han
    Keymaster

Content/sidebar is the default layout, so you don’t need to change anything

silvio
    Participant

I have some posts scheduled for this week. When I preview them, they don’t appear as content/sidebar layout. They appear as only content, without sidebar. How can I change the default layout?

ckubs
    Participant

I don’t want to mess around by making another thread. Since it may be about Omega updates, what do you think about including a feature to have different size logos based on the screen width? I saw this option on a Genesis child theme and thinked about that when I needed to have a different size thumbnail for my posts when viewed on max 480px width screens. I’m not wishing for different size thumbnails for different screen sizes even if it would be cool but atlast the logo could be made to use 2 or 3 widths based on the screen. :)

han
    Keymaster

@silvio, Can you post your page / site url?

han
    Keymaster

@ckubs, thanks for your suggestion. Most logos don’t need resize and will fit mobile screen nicely. If resize is required, simple css tweak will solve the problem.

ckubs
    Participant

I don’t think it’s about resizing but having different logos for desktop and mobile. On the past theme I used( YOO framework) I had different logos but it was a totally different sistem, I was adding them via widgets and mobile stuff had it’s own logo sidebar and offcanavas areas.

Uh and you should mark somehow as deprecated the files that will be deleted in the future( like breadcrumbs) and make a list of the hooks where we can add stuff … or if it already exist could you please point me to it?

That’s all, Omega rocks :)

Seth
    Participant

Hey Han, first off, I want to congratulate you for creating an awesome theme. I’m using your Mobile theme on 3/4 important sections of my website. The last one requires a more robust, more custom ready type of theme, if you catch my drift. The fact I can use the whole theme (the full width) is a large reason why I like it so much.

The main reason I decided to come on your site right now is because of the header and footer options. On the old Mobile theme, we had the capability too insert ads, images, or some sort of “content” to be displayed on the footer or header sections of the theme. Me, I ended up displaying 728×90 Google Adsense banners, as well as a couple images (via the footer) on the Celebrity section of my website.

I realize this is still attainable by editing the Omega stylesheet, by doing it ourselves, but if you could fill me in with what’s going on here. . I’d appreciate it. Also, the CSS box doesn’t seem to work for me. Thanks bud.

silvio
    Participant

@han,

This is an example of post before the change, with content/sidebar layout (this is what I need):

http://empresarialac.com/news/receita-afeta-empresas-com-novas-regras-de-custeio

This is an example of post after the change, with only content layout (it seems that this layout is the new default):

http://empresarialac.com/news/supremo-icms-e-o-comercio-eletronico

The main problem is that I don’t have the option to change the post layout while editing the post anynore. How can I change the default layout?

Thank you!

Seth
    Participant

It seems like he’s removed the header and footer options. Oh well, it looks like I’ll need to edit the CSS template manually. The CSS option box from the custom theme options doesn’t seem to work either. I like the theme regardless, so I’m keeping it. Everything’s headed to Mobile nowadays.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must login to reply to this topic.